Thursday, March 3, 2011

Welcome back to modelling?

Well after years away from the hobby, I am back to building models. I never realized what I was missing. At times I feel like a kid again, spending hours in hobby stores admiring the models on the shelves, dreaming of building one, and adding to my collection. And then the time sitting at my model desk, the smell of the glue, the small pieces flying onto the floor, and the crawl to find them.

The biggest think I have noticed on my return to modelling, is the vast amount of resource information available today, mostly on on the internet. I am finding the internet adding another enjoyable aspect to building models. I look up the history of the vehicle or aircraft I am building, read review of kits I thinking about buying, and read other peoples tips for building/painting a specific kit I may be working on.

I think with age, I have become more patient, and I believe it has improved my model building skill from when I was younger. All I know is I am enjoying my time building models again. I plan to use this blog to document my experiences in my model building quest. Sharing my experiences, hoping they will help other modellers.

Thanks for reading my blog, and stay tuned for more posts.

No comments: