Sunday, May 1, 2011

Build Log - Trumpeter LAV-III

I finally cracked the box of my LAV-III. I have admired the kit in my stash for sometime, I think because of the huge number parts. First inspection show a lot of molded detail, and a great looking kit, rubber wheel, and 6, yes SIX, PE sprues. I started construction following the instructions, which are quite easy to follow. Very well layout and clear. So far all parts are going together well, I have found a few pieces with flash and a few with injector marks that have to be filled. The running gear underneath went with no hitches, little bit of putty on the rear suspension. The rear deck again, no issue, clean up some flash, fill some marks, and CA on the PE parts. I have just started the top, and will update as I progress.