Thursday, October 20, 2011

Build Log 2 - Tamiya 1/48 P-51 Mk. III

Well I managed to finish my P51 Mustang. Model was painted using Tamiya Paints(RAF Sea Grey, RAF Dark Green, RAF Royal Light Grey). I tried something new this time in terms of masking, I used the "blue" poster tack. It was easy to use, I cut out flexible clear masking to shape, then used the poster tack to hold the edges down.

After dry, usual coat of future, then kit decals. I was not too impressed with the Tamiya decals in the kit, they were thick and difficult to get to settle, took several coats of SolvaSet to get them down. After decals, another coat of Future, then used Mig Dark Wash into the panel lines. Weathering was completed with Vallejo pigments between a couple coats of Testors Flat Clear Spray.

I was not totally happy how this one came out, I was kind of distracted by my Panzer IV build, and should have put this off till I had more time to concentrate on it. I may have to do another one in the future, maybe a P-51D in Canadian markings or even the new Tamiya 1/32 P-51D.

No comments: