Monday, March 21, 2011

My Tamiya F4U-1A completed



Well over the weekend I managed to finish my Corsair. Construction was basically out of the box, with the exception of some UltraCast resin parts, to include tires, exhaust, and seat. I also used fine jewelry wire to add the plug wires on the engine. After a coat of Tamiya fine primer from the spray can, the model was airbrushed at about 20psi and my Paasche VL using Tamiya paints, thinned with Tamiya acrylic thinner. After drying, a coat of Future was applied before and after decals. Decals went on great, other then I got a little heavy handed with the SolvaSet in places, I need to learn a little more patience I think. Panel lines were done with a pin wash of Mig Dark Wash, and weathering done with chalk powder. I am happy with the turn out, and I think I would like to do another, maybe a Korean War Marine version.

No comments: